So what, exactly, is in the vitamins, herbs and superfood supplements that we buy? When these are sold most of us automatically assume they are safe. And while the natural products industry actually does have a good safety record, especially when you contrast it with all of the people killed by Big Pharma every year, it still suffers from a lot of hidden toxins that are used routinely throughout the industry.
Here are the 10 worst toxins, as discovered by Natural News editor Mike Adams, the Health Ranger:
With permission from
by: Isabelle Z.
July 11, 2017
(Natural News) More than 350 million people on our planet suffer from depression, and it also has a profound effect on their loved ones. One of the most popular treatments, SSRI antidepressants, is risky, expensive, and not terribly effective. This has prompted some scientists to look for alternatives, and it appears they may have found a good solution in the form of magnesium.
This mineral is vital for many of our body’s functions, including our blood pressure, heart rhythm and bone strength. It also helps fight inflammation in the body. Now, scientists from the University of Vermont’s Larner College of Medicine have found promising results after a clinical trial involving the use of over-the-counter magnesium tablets in depressed patients.
In the blocked and randomized crossover trial of 126 adults using outpatient primary care clinics, participants with mild to moderate depression were studied over the course of 12 weeks. Some participants were given 248 milligrams of magnesium each day for the course of six weeks followed by six weeks without it, whereas those in the control group received no treatment for six weeks followed by six weeks of magnesium. All participants were given biweekly assessments of their depression symptoms.
Those who took the elemental magnesium chloride noted clinically significant improvements in anxiety symptoms and measures of depression. On the Patient Health Questionnaire 9, which asks patients nine questions to diagnose and then classify depression, participants scored six points lower on average during their time taking magnesium.
Best of all, they experienced these improvements after just two weeks of taking the magnesium. In addition, patients of all ages and depression types tolerated the supplements well and noted similar levels of effectiveness.
This appears to support another study in a Croatian psychiatric hospital that discovered that many patients who had attempted suicide suffered from dangerously low levels of magnesium. In fact, depression can be a sign of magnesium deficiency, as can ringing in your ears, muscle cramps, kidney stones, and abnormal heart function.
More than 60 percent of the participants said they planned to use magnesium in the future to manage their depression. Life Extension reports that 68 percent of people in the U.S. are not consuming the recommended daily requirement of this vital mineral, while 19 percent don’t even manage to get half of the amount they need.
Magnesium can be found in fruits like organic oranges, bananas, pineapples, avocados and cherries. You’ll also find it in seafood like mackerel and shrimp, yogurt, dark chocolate, legumes, leafy greens, spirulina and chlorella.
Next, the researchers would like to see if they can get the same results using an even bigger and more diverse population. It is hoped that magnesium and other safe alternatives could eventually replace antidepressants entirely, given their extremely dangerous side effects like seizures, suicidal behavior, and other serious health problems.
It’s hard to imagine why anyone would want to take these dangerous drugs when there are safer choices. Of course, Big Pharma will do their best to make sure the public doesn’t hear about alternatives, with the global market for these drugs expected to exceed $13 billion by the year 2018.
Depression is a serious condition and it’s perfectly understandable for sufferers and those around them to want to find a way to control it, but many who take SSRIs and live to tell the tale regret it. Thankfully, it looks like magnesium can be added to other natural forms of relief like yoga, meditation, exercise, and vitamin D. Why turn to drugs when you can give your body what it needs to heal itself?
June 23, 2017
is pervasive. There are many misconceptions, omissions, distortions and lies surrounding the issue of health and medicine. Many are propagated by those who own Big Pharma (i.e. the Rockefellers and their ilk) who set the platform for Allopathy or Western Medicine to assume a monopoly and dominate healthcare (or more accurately “health management”) at the start of the 20th century (this article The Flexner Report: How John D. Rockefeller Used the AMA to Take Over Western Medicine reveals how they did it). Unfortunately, much of this disinformation is unwittingly propagated by well-meaning parents who want their children to be healthy but simply don’t know how to see through all this health propaganda. The result is a population which has been trained to look outside of itself for healing, to depend on Government and Big Pharma to take care of its health, and to unquestioningly accept the opinion of their (Western) Doctor. Meanwhile, epidemics of cancer, diabetes and neurodegenerative diseases (Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s and dementia) rage throughout the US, Australia and many Western nations.
With that in mind, here is a collection of the top 10 pieces of modern day propaganda in the area of health, part 2 of a series (click here for part 1).
1. Your health is just dependent on chance and/or genetics. Gotcha! How many people have fallen for this one? The common themes behind both of these beliefs are fatalism and finding an excuse not to take responsibility. If you’re fated or destined to get disease, what’s the point trying to live healthfully? If you frequently succumb to bad luck with your health, why try? It you’re stuck with “bad genes” and that’s just the way it is, what’s the point? It is true that genetics indicate tendencies and proclivities, but those tendencies and proclivities still have to be activated. Consider the groundbreaking work of Dr. Bruce Lipton on epigenetics, which affects how genes are read by cells and subsequently how they produce proteins. This website gives a good introduction to the topic of epigenetics:
“Epigenetics Controls Genes. Certain circumstances in life can cause genes to be silenced or expressed over time. In other words, they can be turned off (becoming dormant) or turned on (becoming active).
Epigenetics Is Everywhere. What you eat, where you live, who you interact with, when you sleep, how you exercise, even aging – all of these can eventually cause chemical modifications around the genes that will turn those genes on or off over time. Additionally, in certain diseases such as cancer or Alzheimer’s, various genes will be switched into the opposite state, away from the normal/healthy state.
Epigenetics Makes Us Unique. Even though we are all human, why do some of us have blonde hair or darker skin? Why do some of us hate the taste of mushrooms or eggplants? Why are some of us more sociable than others? The different combinations of genes that are turned on or off is what makes each one of us unique. Furthermore, there have been indications that some epigenetic changes can be inherited.“
The point is this: you have control over which genes get expressed (activated) or suppressed (become dormant). In a sense, life is fragile. At the same time, you’re not just some powerless little speck of dust that has no choice or control over what happens – although it certainly suits those in authority for you to believe you are.
2. You can be always be cured by a magic pill from Big Pharma. False. This is a corollary from the first point above. If you fall into the trap of not taking responsibility for your health – and I mean all aspects (physical, mental, emotional and spiritual) – then you may tend to see the body like a machine or vehicle that needs repairing by a doctor-mechanic. You may also tend to believe the lie that Big Pharma has a magic pill for everything, that this magic pill can solve all of your problems (without any side effects) and that even if Big Pharma doesn’t have a magic pill now, they’ll have one in the future. However, one need only look at the shocking count of iatrogenic deaths (deaths caused by Western doctor and Western medical methods – around 225,000 per year according to Dr. Starfield in her 2000 study which makes it the #3 leading killer of Americans) to realize that Western Medicine is causing a lot of grave damage at the same time it treats people.
How can Big Pharma and Western Medicine ever create the “perfect cure” or the “cure for everything” when they are based on limited and materialistic scientific models that fail to understand the holographic and energetic nature of reality?
Besides, by buying and suppressing genuine cures, Big Pharma has shown that cares more about “treating” and “managing” disease (which is more profitable) than curing it (or healing it which is a whole other level).
3. Cancer is a terminal disease and isn’t curable. False! How many cancer survivors out there contradict his piece of modern day health propaganda? The number of effective and successful natural cancer remedies, cures and protocols is piling up. There are so many now: laetrile/amygdalin/vitamin B17 (usually from apricot kernels), DCA, cannabis oil, salvestrols, graviola/soursop, the maple bicarbonate treatment, intravenous injections of sodium bicarbonate (or baking soda) as pioneered by the Italian Dr. Simoncini, the Budwig diet, cesium chloride, the Gerson Therapy, the Hoxsey Cure, Essiac Tea, the anti-neoplaston treatment of Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski and others. CancerTutor.com is a great resource for those investigating it. Yes, getting cancer may be scary, but it’s important to know there are natural options outside of toxic chemotherapy and radiation where the cure is deadlier than the disease.
4. “Heart-Healthy Foods™” are good for your heart and your health. Not always – and sometimes they are atrocious for your heart! This kind of toxic health propaganda is particularly insidious, since it fools people into thinking they are doing something good for themselves when they purchase packages with the symbol on it. Heart-Healthy Food is a creation of the AHA (American Heart Association) who used the faulty research of Dr. Ancel Keys, the guy who rose to prominence in the 1950s (and was on the front cover of Time magazine) for promoting the false idea that saturated fats caused heart disease. For the background to this health propaganda, read the article Plastic Oils vs. Saturated Fats: Busting the Propaganda. AHA has dutifully spouted out the same line of disinformation ever since, claiming that because all saturated fats are “bad”, it’s therefore better to eat margarine instead of butter. This is equivalent to saying that hydrogenated and trans fats are healthier than natural fats from animal (e.g. dairy) and plant (coconut) sources. Yes, the AHA also advocates a variety of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and nuts and legumes, but its information has been skewed by the corporations funding it, who hawk “vegetable” oils (a deliberate misnomer which really means industrial seed oils).
5. Eating raw is bad, unhealthy and dangerous. Not true. The demonization of raw food makes sense when you consider that the forces running the world are pushing you away from natural, juicy and vibrant ways of eating and living to synthetic, dry and dead ones. When fear of a pathogen gets out of control, government authorities often respond with a sledgehammer where a fine tooth comb was needed. Look at how California is now required to pasteurize all their almonds by law. Yes, eating raw increases your chances (although still tiny) of picking up some harmful bacteria, but it also increases your probability (to a level of certainty) of getting more nutrition and vitality out of your food! The raw diet is not for everyone, however there is little doubt that introducing more raw food into your diet will increase your health.
6. Fasting is dangerous. False. There are many ways to fast, from doing intermittent fasting (an eating pattern where you have cycle between periods of fasting and eating throughout the day) to doing 3-day, 7-day, 10-day or even longer fasts. Some people do the Master Cleanse (consuming only a lemon juice-maple syrup-cayenne pepper drink), other people do a vegetable juice fast and still others do a water-only fast. Fasting is not for everyone, especially children or pregnant women. It is best to get guidance from others who have done it and to start slowly, but evidence shows that by giving your body a break from digestion, you can achieve many health benefits. You allow your body to repair and regenerate in a way it cannot do if it is digesting food all the time.
7. Most supplements are great for your health. False. Many of them are made of synthetic vitamins, stuffed with fillers and even contain GMO ingredients. It is preferable to get all your nutritional needs straight from food, however if you are going to take supplements, use ones which are derived from wildcrafted or organic herbs, plants and other sources. Calcium supplements are especially dangerous since they are composed of ground up fossils and can lead to calcification. Lots of people suffer calcification in many areas of the body, e.g. the eye (cataracts), mouth (plaque), bones (arthritis), heart (heart attack) or brain (stroke). Calcium deposits obstruct the internal flow of energy, cause inflammation, shut down the pineal gland and can lead to cancer.
For more information on the stark differences between synthetic and natural vitamins, see the research of people like Dr. Theil.
8. Homeopathy is quackery and doesn’t work. False. More arrogance that comes from ignorance. Homeopathy is based on an entirely different (and deeper) understanding of reality that the purely rationalistic, materialistic Western Medicine which cannot bring itself to accept that we live in a holographic world where thought forms and energy are powerful forces that shape our lower physical reality.
Here’s how homeopathy works in a nutshell. There are 2 fundamental approaches to diseases. You can follow the Law of Contraries, where if someone has pain, you provide a substance that counteracts (acts opposite to) that pain. Alternatively, you can follow the Law of Similars, where you use a substance which would produce symptoms in a healthy person but actually cures those same symptoms in a sick person! Homeopathy works using the latter law. It takes substances that would be poisons, then shakes and dilutes, shakes and dilutes, until the remaining water or pellet contains only a fraction or imprint of the poison – enough when ingested that it stimulates the body to correct the imbalance. It also takes substances that are healthy and non-toxic and dilutes them in the same way.
Homeopathy recognizes the body is the ultimate healer; it is designed to stimulate the body’s healing mechanisms, rather than suppress symptoms or provide temporary pain relief like Allopathy. In 1890 in the US (before the Flexner Report), around 25% of doctors were homeopathic, including John D. Rockefeller‘s personal doctor and the doctors of the British Royal Family.
As David Icke writes in the Phantom Self (see my review of the book here):
“Homeopathy is a healing technique ridiculed by Mainstream Everything for the same reason – ignorance … Homeopathy is based on the fact that everything is information whether it’s a plant or a drop of water … The Aerospace Institute in Stuttgart, Germany, is [a] center for information in water research … they put a flower in a tank of water in one experiment and when it was removed they photographed the droplets. What they discovered confirmed two major truths about reality. One was once again the holographic principle with information of the whole flower found in every droplet. The second was that even when the ‘physical’ flower was removed the information from the flower was retained in the water. I have but one thing to say … homeopathy.”
9. FDA approved drugs are safe. Not even close to being true. The FDA has long been bought off by Big Pharma and functions as its lapdog, not its guard dog. Did you know that, according to this recent Natural News article, a staggering 33% or one third of FDA approved drugs turn out later to have serious side effects and health problems – so serious that they are pulled off the market? How could anyone trust the FDA’s approval process with failure rates like that?
10. Vaccines are safe. No way! Vaccines are among the chief weapons of modern day health propaganda, and there are movements afoot all over the world to make them mandatory, which is nothing less than medical tyranny or medical fascism. Year after year, the victims of vaccine damage pile up, whether it be people suffering from fever, infertility, paralysis, brain damage and death. In the US, Big Pharma achieved the deft legal and political maneuver of having a law passed that exempts them from being sued for vaccine damage in normal courts. Meanwhile, the system that has been set up (Vaccine Injury Compensation Program [VICP]) is a quasi-court that favors the vaccine manufacturers. To quote from another Natural News article,
“… the government has paid out over $3 billion in awards and legal fees for families and persons that have been affected by vaccine damage between the years of 1989 and 2015. In total, 3,937 cases have resulted in the awarding of financial compensation via the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP). And those are just the ones who managed to convince the court that a vaccine damaged their child or themselves. Nearly 10,000 people have had their cases dismissed by the court …
Robert Moxley, a former vaccine attorney, writes, “From the passing of the legislation in 1986, the process has been rigged, one major step at a time, in favor of the vaccine-industrial complex.” … the VICP protects the vaccine industry, rather than the humans harmed by their inoculations … “The injuries continue, and awards continue to be made, practically in secret,” he states … the cases of vaccine injury continued to pile up, the government, rather than hold manufacturers accountable, chose to revise their standards for claims regarding vaccine injuries — making it all the more difficult for claims to pass through the system.”
As with geopolitics (part 1 of this series), there is a lot of modern day health propaganda around. In this case, what you don’t know can kill you. It is vitally important to educate yourself about health, nutrition, natural cures, remedies, medicines and protocols, the strengths and weaknesses of different medical systems and the nature of Big Pharma. Still more important is your mindset; yes it’s great to cut through the health propaganda, but best of all is to take full responsibility for your state of health. Stay tuned for part 3.
Makia Freeman is the editor of alternative media / independent news site The Freedom Articles and senior researcher at ToolsForFreedom.com, writing on many aspects of truth and freedom, from exposing aspects of the worldwide conspiracy to suggesting solutions for how humanity can create a new system of peace and abundance.
With permission from
April 6, 2017
People with the high levels of vitamin C from their diets are known to have reduced risk of cardiovascular disease and early death. But did you know the wonder vitamin can effectively help you with the common cold?
Earlier studies in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition showed that taking vitamin C supplements in the short-term reduced both systolic blood pressure (SBP) and diastolic blood pressure (DBP) all without any side effects making it an excellent natural alternative to dangerous medications.
A huge amount of data has found significant effects for vitamin C in the prevention and alleviation of symptoms of infections, including the common cold.
Writing in Nutrients, Dr Harri Hemila from the University of Helsinki, Finland, reviews the evidence for vitamin C in a range of infections — adding that for now, the potential for vitamin C ‘is not known’.
Citing data from previous clinical trials, Hemila notes that the majority of controlled trials have used a ‘modest dosage’ of only 1 gram per day of vitamin C, but that trials looking at a wider range of doses indicate that the relationship between vitamin C dosage and its effects on the duration of the common cold symptoms may extend to 6-8 grams per day.
“Two controlled trials found a statistically significant dose–response, for the duration of common cold symptoms, with up to 6–8 g/day of vitamin C,” writes Hemila. “Thus, the negative findings of some therapeutic common cold studies might be explained by the low doses.”
“Vitamin C is safe and costs only pennies per gram, and therefore even modest effects may be worth exploiting.”
While the Finnish researcher suggests higher doses of vitamin C are safe and could provide benefits, data from the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) regarding the tolerable upper intake levels for vitamin C potentially counters such claims.
“Despite the extensive use of vitamin C supplements (up to 10 g/day) for the prevention of colds and other conditions, the tolerability of such intakes has not been subject to systematic assessment,” reads the EFSA document — adding that “there are few data to support the widely held view that high intakes of vitamin C are safe.”
Hemila added that although previous trial data suggests doses of 6 to 8 grams per day can reduce the duration of a cold by almost 20%, the fact that both trials showed a strong dose-response relationship up to the highest tested dose means an ‘optimal dose’ for maximal effect of vitamin C on the common cold is currently unknown.
The study notes that definitive conclusions cannot be made from comparisons of existing studies because of numerous confounding differences between the trials — meaning that although trials of doses higher than 1 g/d have generally shown a better response than those of exactly 1 g/d, the most valid examination of dose-response remains within a single trial.
The Finnish research analysed the findings of two randomised trials — each of which investigated the effects of two vitamin C doses on the duration of the common cold.
The first trial administered 3 g/day vitamin C to two study groups, 6 g/day to a third group, and the fourth group was administered a placebo. Compared with the placebo group the 6 g/day dose shortened colds by 17%, twice as much as the 3 g/day doses did.
A second trial administered 4 g/day and 8 g/day vitamin C, and placebo to different groups, but only on the first day of the cold. In this trial, compared with the placebo group, the 8 g/day dose shortened colds by 19%, twice as much as the 4 g/day dose did, noted Hemila.
For both trials, Hemila said that the dose-response relationship was quite linear up to the maximum doses given – meaning that it is possible that even higher doses may lead to still greater reductions in cold duration.
He added that while some have suggested that doses up to 15 g/d have been suggested (but not tested), further therapeutic trials should be carried out to investigate the dose-response relation in the region of over 8 g/day of vitamin C.
GI Issues and Saturated Absorption
In its document on tolerable upper intake levels (p295 for vitamin C) EFSA notes that high doses of vitamin C have been linked to gastrointestinal effects including stomach pains, flatulence and diarrhoea.
“Gastrointestinal effects are the most common adverse clinical events associated with acute, high doses of vitamin C (above 1 g daily), but these can be reduced by taking the vitamin after meals,” it notes — adding that available data suggest that supplemental doses of up to 1 g, in addition to normal dietary intakes, are not associated with adverse gastrointestinal effects, but that acute gastrointestinal effects may occur at higher intakes (3-4 g/day).
Furthermore, the EFSA report notes that the absorption of vitamin C also becomes saturated at high doses, “and therefore intakes above 1 g/day would be associated with negligible increased uptake and tissue levels, but an increased risk of adverse gastrointestinal effects.”
Despite such suggestions, Hemila suggests that previous trial data has suggested a significant benefit for very high doses of vitamin C for reducing the duration of colds and other infections – and that only by performing new randomised trials that investigate doses up to 8 or 10 grams per day can efficacy and safety be tested.
Taking vitamins and supplements often gets a bad rap because they’re not regulated by the FDA and many people believe that you should ingest these vitamins naturally through healthy foods.
He takes 50 everyday because they make his brain “work better.”
Taking vitamins and supplements often gets a bad rap because they’re not regulated by the FDA and many people believe that you should ingest these vitamins naturally through healthy foods. While there is nothing wrong with this mentality, it’s not for everyone and, apparently, not what Rick Rosner believes in. Rick Rosner is the second smartest human in the world with an IQ of 192, according to The World Genius Directory, and he takes approximately 50 pills everyday.
Rosner has taken dozens of IQ tests, most of which he has received the highest score ever, and was first labeled a genius when he was in kindergarten.
While some might suggest that Rosner’s obsessiveness over his health and taking his pills is over-the-top, Rosner says that the vitamins and supplements help his brain “work better.” In an interview with Business Insider, he detailed the pills he takes and the frequency for each, but he clarified that he is not a doctor.
Below is the list in his own words:
“Omega 3 fish oil capsules. This is supposed to be the good fat, more liquid at normal temperatures, to take the place of not-so-good, more solid fats.
Half an aspirin daily. Along with flossing your teeth, taking half an aspirin or a baby aspirin each day might be the cheapest, easiest way to extend your life. Aspirin knocks down inflammation and keeps your blood thin. You can get a year’s worth of aspirin for a buck at a discount store.
Metformin. A drug for Type 2 diabetics that decreases glucose production in the liver and helps your body use insulin more efficiently, reducing spikes in blood sugar (and possibly reducing the likelihood of cancer). Metformin is one of two drugs that may fool your body into reacting as if you’re ingesting fewer calories, possibly flipping your metabolism into extended-life mode.
Metoprolol. A blood-pressure drug that I take that knocks down adrenalin and the fight-or-flight response. It lets me drive in LA without my blood pressure going up.
Glisodin. One of the many things I take which is supposed to clean up cellular gunk, stuff that builds up over a lifetime. This may help slow down graying of hair, might cause slight euphoria. Hard to tell.
Avodart (generic name dutasteride). It knocks out DHT (dihydrotestosterone), a form of testosterone that makes your prostate blow up and your hair fall out. Whenever you see a TV ad where old men are always rushing off to pee, you’re seeing an ad for a DHT blocker. An added benefit of DHT blockers is they cause your body to pump out some extra testosterone to compensate, so it’s a little like being on steroids. Don’t let women come in contact with this drug — it could lead to the birth of a hermaphrodite.
Glucosamine and chondroitin. For less-creaky joints. Our dog gets this, too.
Fancy multivitamins from Life Extension and Vitacost. The kind with about 45 obscure ingredients.
SAM-e (S-Adenosyl methionine). This is supposed to keep your liver all nice. Also, milk thistle, which is also supposed to help your liver.
Astragalus. May help fight the shortening of telomeres.
Fiber gummies. I like food and don’t have perfect food habits, so I use fiber gummies and carb blockers to compensate for my lack of eating discipline. Fiber gummies are fiber in the form of gumdrops — candy that makes you poop. The faster food moves through you, the less you absorb. Carb blockers suppress a digestive enzyme so you only absorb 75% of the carbs you eat when you take them with a meal. You poop a little more, but it’s worth it.
Fat blockers. These are pure punishment and should be avoided for all but the fattiest meals. It’s better just to eat less fat. For instance, peel most of the cheese off a piece of pizza — it will still taste just like pizza.
Prescription and non-prescription drugs to lower cholesterol.
Curcumin. Reduces inflammation and is a very pretty orange color.
ALA and acetyl L-carnitine
Vitamin E with selenium and also Gamma E
Mangosteen pomegranate noni complex
Horse chestnut (for varicose veins)
Quercetin & bromelain
Coffee. This is the only brain drug I know for sure works. It doesn’t make me smarter, but it keeps me alert. Started drinking it about two and a half years ago. Used to nod off every afternoon at work. No more, thanks to coffee.
Cognitex from Life Extension
Methylene blue. A dye that is in Phase III clinical trials to see whether it clears out junk amyloid protein in the brain. MB may act as a detergent, helping to break up amyloid, which can clog the brain, killing neurons. Might be good if you’ve taken some shots to the head. I worked in bars and got punched in the face a few times — but not anything like the shots taken by football players. (Plus, methylene blue makes your urine a rich emerald green.)”
In addition to taking these supplements everyday, he also allegedly visits five different gyms in a typical day. He claims that taking the pills and exercising regularly help him to slow down the aging process of the body and allow him to stay alert.
Albert Szent-Györgyi discovered the chemical, ascorbic acid, also known as vitamin C, in the 1930s. One of Vitamin C’s chief advocates, who won twice the Nobel (Chemistry and Peace), was Linus Pauling. Pauling advocated for high doses of Vitamin C to treat various illnesses, including cancer, but was ridiculed by doctors and scientists alike when he claimed it could help prevent cancer. In fact, an essay entitled “The Dark Side of Linus Pauling’s Legacy”, written by psychiatrist and anti-quackery advocate Stephen Barrett, M.D., claimed, “Pauling is largely responsible for the widespread misbelief that high doses of vitamin C are effective against colds and other illnesses.”
Barrett scoffed at the notion, even going so far as to conclude, “Pauling’s megavitamin claims lacked the evidence needed for acceptance by the scientific community, they have been accepted by large numbers of people who lack the scientific expertise to evaluate them.” Going even further, Barrett suggested, “Pauling’s irrational advice about supplements continues to lead people astray.”
Barrett’s conclusions about Pauling’s claims on Vitamin C now paint an entirely different picture. According to researchers from the University of Iowa, ascorbate, derived from Vitamin C, was successfully observed increasing hydrogen peroxide levels in cancer cells, which in turn had a toxic result with cancer cells, killing the cancer cells in lab rats yet not damaging normal cells in the process. The researchers concluded that Vitamin C might, indeed, be lethal to some cancers.
According to the scientists, “These results indicate that an in vivo measurement of catalase activity in tumors may predict which cancers will respond to pharmacological ascorbate therapy.” Once the exact cancers are identified, which are killed by vitamin C, the researchers concluded, “this information can also be used in finding combination therapies that may increase the efficacy of treatment for those tumors with higher catalase activities.” In other words, extremely high doses of the Vitamin C derivative may potentially be added to conventional cancer therapies to help kill more cancer cells.
Of course, the medical establishment, major oncology organizations, the federal government, as well as organizations of physicians, often oppose any discussion of alternative treatments for cancer. That’s because cancer treatment, not cancer cures, are big business for drug companies, hospitals, and physicians. The word “cure” is hardly ever used, and treatment is only blessed by physicians if it goes along with the long-accepted notion that cancer can only be treated by chemotherapy and radiation.
But, as The Free Thought Project has faithfully reported, the eyes of the people are being opened by anecdotal stories from people finding relief and healing from cancer and other illnesses by using alternative means. Stories of survivors treating their cancer with cannabis, vitamin K, turmeric, and other supplements are popping up all over the Internet. Now, it seems, those who are going with alternative treatments may want to explore Pauling’s original conclusions that mega-doses of Vitamin C has the power to help aid in killing cancer cells.
Pauling himself, suffered from prostate cancer, an illness he says was delayed for 20 years because of his consumption of Vitamin C. He took a reported 12,000 grams of Vitamin C daily. Pauling’s critic, Dr. Barrett, scoffed at Pauling’s cancer claims and even made a point to mention in his essay that Pauling died from prostate cancer. He wrote, “He died of the disease in August 1994.”
But what Barrett didn’t tell his readers is that Pauling lived to be 93 years old.
All too often, differing research is ridiculed, suppressed, and even outlawed in the medical field. Instead of being open to the idea of a new treatment for cancer, Barrett, and the medical community at large, scoffed at the notion — setting back progress for decades.
For now, however, it seems that the internet, and its ability to disseminate information instantly, has turned the tables on those who wish to remain in the stone age. Please share this article so that others may benefit from the brave research of Dr. Linus Pauling.