June 8, 2017
The Standard American Diet is all about junk food, processed, and genetically modified foods, which can cause countless problems to our body and health. Instead of nutrients, this type of diet contains many damaging ingredients, which affect the pH balance in the body. While the body’s environment should be alkaline, eating such unhealthy foods makes it acidic. It is, therefore, more vulnerable to diseases since the immune system is seriously weakened. So, to improve your overall health, you should increase the consumption of alkalizing food.
These are the top 5 alkaline foods you can eat:
1) Olive Oil
Olive oil is super rich in vitamin E as well as monounsaturated fatty acids.
Melons not only cleanse the colon but are also extremely alkaline, as their pH level is 8.5. Moreover, watermelons are high in fiber and consist 92% of water.
3) Flax Seed
Flax seeds are high in vitamin E and fiber. They also alkalize the body, soothe inflammation, and lower hot flashes in menopause.
4) Swiss Chard
Swiss Chard has powerful antibacterial and antiviral properties. It can also prevent damage caused by free radicals.
Buckwheat is an ideal wheat replacement. It’s also great to eat for breakfast since it energizes your body and prevents cardiovascular diseases.
The following list includes 20 other alkalizing foods you should eat more often:
– Carrots – high in beta-carotene and improve eyesight.
– Mango – cleanses the colon.
– Sauerkraut – rich in probiotics.
– Pineapple – helps weight loss.
– Cucumber – moisturizes the skin, keeps the body hydrated, and helps skin health.
– Grapefruit – great source of many vitamins.
– Parsley – cleanses the intestines.
– Quinoa – regulates blood sugars.
– Berries – rich source of antioxidants.
– Papaya – acts as a laxative and cleanses the colon.
– Avocado – high in healthy monounsaturated fats that support heart health.
–Ripe bananas – amazing healthy superfoods.
– Brussels Sprouts – can prevent cancer.
-Alfalfa Sprouts – balance hormones, provide enzymes, easy to digest.
– Garlic – has countless health properties, including blood pressure control.
– Steamed broccoli – reduces cholesterol.
– Seaweeds – rich in iron and alkalize the body.
– Grapes – rich in antioxidants and vitamins, and lower blood pressure.
– Spinach – has the highest amounts of vitamins.
– Lemons– rich in vitamin C, fight the flu, colds, and cough.