How To Correct Your Vision According to Tibetan Monks
Another way to naturally correct your vision is by using the Tibetan eye chart. The philosophy behind Tibetan medicine is that all beings are connected to their surrounding environment. It is believed that ailments are caused by a combination of diet and physical health, personal relationships, and climate. The Tibetan eye chart was created by Tibetan Lama monks to strengthen the optic nerves and muscles to correct vision.
How To Use The Tibetan Eye Chart
- Hang the chart on a wall or place it in front of you with the centre of the chart aligned with your nose. Then, touch the centre spot of the image with your nose.
- Without moving your head, allow your eyes to follow along the outer edges of each arm of the figure, including the dots, in a clockwise motion.
- Once finished, blink and relax your eyes.
- Repeat the exercise counterclockwise.
- Blink and relax eyes.
- Repeat as many times as desired.
- Once finished, completely relax the body and slow the breath. To aid in relaxing your eyes, engage in palming. Keep palms cupped around your eyes for at least 30 seconds (the longer, the better).
- Recommended to practice for a few minutes every morning and night.